الانغينار بالليمون والجبنة
Lemon and parmesan stuffed artichoke bottoms are a delicious and impressive appetizer or main course for two.
This recipe calls for 12-14 small artichoke bottoms. You can use fresh artichokes, but trimming them is a time-consuming process. I use either frozen or canned artichoke bottoms that are ready to use. The only thing I do to prep the artichokes is to trim the bottom so that they are level.
It is very important that you use freshly-grated Parmesan cheese, not the powdered version. Trust me. The first time I made this recipe, I used powdered Parmesan cheese that ended up being way too much cheese (by volume) and completely overwhelmed the dish.
Lemon Parmesan Artichoke Bottoms
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 bags frozen artichoke bottoms or 2 14 oz cans about 12-14 artichoke bottoms
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- ¾ cup ricotta
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Juice of ½ lemon
- ¼ cup pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley plus more for garnish
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Oil the bottom of a baking dish with olive oil.
- Place artichoke bottoms in the baking dish.
- Combine all other ingredients in a large bowl. Mound the mixture into the artichoke bottoms.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Garnish with additional chopped parsley and serve warm.